These dreams (Jim Croce)


About the artist: Jim Croce (1943 - 1973) was an American folk and rock singer-songwriter. Between 1966 and 1973, Croce released five studio albums, but died in a plain crash just as the big successes started to come for him. He left behind a string of the best ballads ever written. Jim Croce currently has four songs in my list of about 200 best pop/rock songs of all time.

About the song: These dreams from the 1973 album Life and times is one of the very best of all the gorgeous ballads that the too-soon departed Jim Croce left us. It is a tender song about a broken relationship ("Once we were lovers, but somehow things have changed - Now we're just lonely people, trying to forget each other's names") that in dreams can still heal ("And sometimes at night I think I hear you calling my name - these dreams keep me going these days"). Run time 3:12.