Easy livin' (Uriah Heep)


About the band: Uriah Heep are a British progressive hard rock band formed in London in 1969. Their lineup changed often, but they are still active. Over the course of their 51-year career, Uriah Heep have released a staggering twenty-four studio albums. Uriah Heep currently have two songs in my list of about 200 best pop/rock songs of all time.

About the song: the best known song from Uriah Heep is undoubtedly Easy livin', a track from the 1972 album Demons and Wizards. When this song was released as a single in Holland in 1973, I was hooked right away, and I still am. At just over two and a half minutes it is one of the shortest of the tracks that I selected for my list, but the power enclosed in this short duration is phenomenal. Great interaction of guitars, keyboards and David Byron's thrusting vocals. It remains the quintessential hard rock up-beat single of all time. Run time 2:37.