Hou me vast (Volumia!)


About the band: Volumia! was a Dutch band that existed from 1993 until 2002. They enjoyed a string of hits at the end of the nineties in the Netherlands with their pop songs in the Dutch language. After three studio albums with slowly declining success, the band split up. Volumia! currently has one song in my list of 200 best pop/rock songs of all time.

About the song:  Hou me vast (Hold me tight) from the 1998 album Volumia! is in my opinion the best ever song in the Dutch language. Rich instrumentation right from the opening, a beautiful melody and lovely lyrics (granted, for those who understand Dutch). This love song easily transcends language boundaries: both my Shanghainese wife and my Singapore ex-colleagues love it! It was also one of the songs we played at our wedding in 2000 - good memories! Run time 3:44.