Kathy's song - live (Simon and Garfunkel)


About the duo: Simon and Garfunkel were responsible for me getting interested in music around 1970. They were active from 1964 until 1970, with occasional reunions since then. Both embarked on solo careers, with Paul Simon's being particularly successful. They are among the best-selling music artists, having sold more than 100 million records. My favourite act from the sixties. Simon and Garfunkel currently have five songs in my list of about 200 best pop/rock songs of all time.

About the song: Kathy's song is Paul Simon's touching tribute to his girlfriend in England. This delicate little love song was originally released on the 1966 album Sounds of silence, but has become better known in the live version which is systematically included in their Greatest Hits compilations. A simple but moving melody, it's the lyrics which make this song stand out - they are among the best he has ever penned. Take the final lines, pure poetry: "And as I watch the drops of rain weave their weary paths and die; I know that I am like the rain, there but for the grace of you go I". Run time 3:23.